How Chiropractic Treatment Works In Gilbert, AZ
By: Dr. Brice Neff DC
Are you considering chiropractic and hesitating because you lack information? Chiropractic treatment deals with your nervous system that extends from the brain, down the spine, and branches to all parts of the body. The role of the nerves is communication to and from the brain. If there is pressure or injury on any nerve common in the spine, you can experience back pain, neck pain, headaches, and other disorders. To restore your back’s functionality and relieve pain, a chiropractor in Gilbert re-aligns the spine and/or frees the nerve to enable communication to resume between the brain and the rest of the body.
Spinal manipulation or chiropractic adjustment is the most used technique for treating back problems such as:
- Subluxations (misaligned vertebrae)
- Muscle spasms
- Back pain
- Neck pain
What Happens During Spinal Manipulations?
A chiropractor uses his/her hands together with other tools to manipulate the lumbar spine, the cervical spine, or the thoracic spine. He/she exerts focused, controlled, and sudden force to spinal joints. This treatment can either improve or restore joint function so that you can move your back freely and pain-free.
Do Chiropractors Help?
Yes, chiropractors help. They use natural therapies to address the root cause of your pain, and you can live a pain-free life immediately afterward. In contrast, painkillers temporarily stop the pain without healing the body. Surgery is effective, but it is painful, expensive, and requires many months for you to recover.
How Long Does It Take For Chiropractic Adjustments To Work?
Recovery through chiropractic treatment varies from person to person and from treatment to treatment. While you may need one or two visits to get relief for a particular problem, another person may require several visits before the pain is relieved for the same problem. Another person will need regular visits to the chiropractor for maintenance.
How Does Seeing A Chiropractor Help?
Seeing a chiropractor helps because he/she will address the root cause of your health problem. Before beginning the treatment, he/she will perform a thorough diagnosis to determine the root cause(s), which he then removes through a combination of therapies. This ensures that the body functions optimally and the pain goes away permanently.
What Are The Benefits Of Chiropractic Procedures?
The benefits of chiropractic treatment include:
- Decreased pain or total pain relief
- Better joint mobility, function, and health
- Relaxed but stronger muscles
- Slower degeneration of joints and connective tissues
- Reduced inflammation
- Improved blood circulation
- Faster recovery
- Improved brain function and nervous system health
- Stronger immune system
- Improved organ function
- Relief from depression
- A calmer mind and reduced stress levels
- Increased energy levels
- Better sleep
- Improved athletic performance
- Better health and wellness for infants and children
Types Of Chiropractic Treatments
Commonly used chiropractic treatment techniques include:
- Gonstead technique – a hands-on technique that adjusts the lower back and the pelvis
- Activator technique – the chiropractor delivers a gentle electrical impulse into the vertebrae using a handheld instrument
- Flexion-distraction or decompression manipulation or Cox Technique
- Drop table technique – a specially-designed table drops a fraction of an inch when the chiropractor adjusts
- Diversified technique – very precise hand-on thrusts restore proper alignment and movement of the spine
How Do Chiropractors Know Where To Adjust?
Before performing any treatment, the chiropractor performs a thorough examination to pinpoint your problem’s cause(s). Then he focuses the treatment on the par(s) of the body that is misaligned or has a pinched nerve. It should be noted that your chiropractor in Gilbert is thoroughly trained to give this treatment.
Are Chiropractors Doctors?
Yes. A chiropractor is a type of doctor trained to correct any problems caused by the spine naturally without drugs or surgery. He uses his hands and specific tools and instruments to achieve the changes in the spine that will enhance spinal function and relieve pain. All chiropractors undergo intensive training, so they all know what they are doing.