How Chiropractic Treatment Works In Gilbert, AZ
By: Dr. Brice Neff DC
Are you considering chiropractic and hesitating because you lack information? Chiropractic treatment deals with your nervous system that extends from the brain, down the spine, and branches to all parts of the body. The role of the nerves is communication to and from the brain. If there is pressure or injury on any nerve common in the spine, you can experience back pain, neck pain, headaches, and other disorders. To restore your back’s functionality and relieve pain, a chiropractor re-aligns the spine and/or frees the nerve to enable communication to resume between the brain and the rest of the body.
Types Of Chiropractic Treatments
Commonly used chiropractic treatment techniques include:
- Gonstead technique – a hands-on technique that adjusts the lower back and the pelvis
- Activator technique – the chiropractor delivers a gentle electrical impulse into the vertebrae using a handheld instrument
- Flexion-distraction or decompression manipulation or Cox Technique
- Drop table technique – a specially-designed table drops a fraction of an inch when the chiropractor adjusts
- Diversified technique – very precise hand-on thrusts restore proper alignment and movement of the spine
A chiropractor uses his/her hands together with other tools to manipulate the lumbar spine, the cervical spine, or the thoracic spine. He/she exerts focused, controlled, and sudden force to spinal joints. This treatment can either improve or restore joint function so that you can move your back freely and pain-free. Spinal manipulation is the most used technique for treating back problems such as Subluxations, Inflammation, Muscle spasms, back pain, neck pain, and headaches.
How Do Chiropractors Know Where To Adjust?
Before performing any treatment, the chiropractor performs a thorough examination to pinpoint your problem’s cause(s). Then he focuses the treatment on the par(s) of the body that is misaligned or has a pinched nerve. It should be noted that your chiropractor is thoroughly trained to give this treatment.
How Long Does It Take For Chiropractic Adjustments To Work?
Chiropractors use natural therapies to address the root cause of your pain, and you can live a pain-free life immediately afterward. In contrast, painkillers temporarily stop the pain without healing the body. Surgery is effective, but it is painful, expensive, and requires many months for you to recover.
Recovery through chiropractic treatment varies from person to person and from treatment to treatment. While you may need one or two visits to get relief for a particular problem, another person may require several visits before the pain is relieved for the same problem. Another person will need regular visits to the chiropractor for maintenance.
How Does Seeing A Chiropractor Help?
Seeing a chiropractor helps because he/she will address the root cause of your health problem. Before beginning the treatment, he/she will perform a thorough diagnosis to determine the root cause(s), which he then removes through a combination of therapies. This ensures that the body functions optimally and the pain goes away permanently.
The benefits of chiropractic treatment include:
- Decreased pain or total pain relief
- Better joint mobility, function, and health
- Relaxed but stronger muscles
- Slower degeneration of joints and connective tissues
- Reduced inflammation and Improved blood circulation
- Improved brain function and nervous system health
- Stronger immune system
- Improved organ function
- Relief from depression
- Increased energy levels
- Better sleep
- Improved athletic performance
- Better health and wellness for infants and children