Chiropractic Care For Children In Gilbert, AZ
Some parents have benefited from chiropractic care and wonder if it is safe for children. Child chiropractic care in Gilbert is safe and beneficial for kids of all ages! It is a non-invasive therapy based on gentle, effective, safe, tried, and tested adjustment techniques. It has been used for a long time to treat and address a variety of children’s disorders, spinal deformities, and injuries. So far, all the kids who received pediatric chiropractic care have benefited. If your child has a problem, look for a children’s chiropractor near you.
What Is Pediatric Chiropractic?
Chiropractic care for children involves special techniques for which the pediatric chiropractor has undergone specialized training. Chiropractic for kids in Gilbert is necessary because kids experience a lot of physical trauma and emotional stress as they play and participate in sports. Also, alignment of the spine plays a vital role in their proper development. The pediatric chiropractor helps by alleviating tense muscles that can cause subluxation or a misaligned spine.
How Can I Tell If My Child Needs Chiropractic Care?
Generally, your child’s flexible and resilient body can withstand several falls and bumps. However, you should take your child to a Gilbert pediatric chiropractor if he/she:
- Has limited head or neck mobility
- Complaints of the recurring or continual neck or back pain
- Has uneven shoulders
- Compensates when he/she stands or walks
- Has irregular sleep patterns
- Cries a lot or struggles to breastfeed
Childhood Conditions A Chiropractor Can Help Treat
Child chiropractic in Gilbert has powerful health benefits for your child. It can improve his/her development and wellbeing as a person in many positive ways. It will help treat the following conditions:
- ADHD and other hyperactivity problems
- Low immunity (child gets colds and flu too often)
- Asthma, allergies, and other respiratory issues
- Colic (causing persistent crying or fussiness)
- Earaches or infections
- Trouble breastfeeding
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Difficulty sleeping
- Baby seems uncomfortable when he/she lies down
- Behavioral problems, moods, and attitude
- Sensory processing disorders
- Torticollis (tilted and twisted neck that can be a birth defect or has been caused by muscle injury, ear infection, swollen lymph nodes, etc.)
Benefits Of Chiropractic Care For Children
The benefits of chiropractic care for children include:
- Better health
- Improved sleep
- Nervous system support – to enable optimal growth of the child’s spine and nervous system
- Immune system support
- Better brain development
- Better behavior and reduced ADHD symptoms
- Improved growth and development
- Improved digestive health
- Less frequent childhood issues like colic and earaches
- Realigned spine, neck, and shoulders
- Supple joints and ligaments to prevent injury
Safe Pediatric Chiropractic From Our Arizona's Family Chiropractic
Child chiropractic in Gilbert is safe and gentle, and it will correct any problems that may interfere with your child’s development and behavior. Common treatments include:
- Spinal adjustments for congenital disabilities and injuries
- Alleviation of childhood disorders such as colic, asthma, and allergies
- Reduction of ADHD and other hyperactivity problems
- Relief of indigestion and difficulty sleeping
Is Chiropractic Care Safe for Kids?
Yes, chiropractic care is safe for children. Chiropractic adjustments are gentle and natural yet very effective. About 3% of American children have been treated with chiropractic or osteopathic manipulation. More and more parents are learning of the benefits of pediatric chiropractic, and they are seeing the benefits for their children.
Why Arizona's Family Chiropractic Is Best For Child Chiropractic In Gilbert, AZ
Arizona’s Family Chiropractic is the top chiropractic clinic in Gilbert for pediatric care. Dr. Brice Neff DC is a leading chiropractor in Gilbert specializing in treating kids. He has been practicing for over ten years in Gilbert.
Call us today if you seek chiropractic care for your kid in Gilbert.
Book An Appointment
Request an appointment online by calling us on (480) 988-2974
You can also use the online booking tool below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Chiropractic manipulation corrects injuries, abnormalities, and birth defects in the spine of little children. This:
- Promotes proper growth and development
- Reduces childhood issues such as asthma, allergies, and bedwetting
- Allows the child’s brain, nervous system, and spine to grow optimally
- Improves the child’s immune system and overall health and wellbeing
- Enhances child’s digestive system, reducing colic, constipation, and reflux
- Prevents ADHD and other neurodevelopmental disorders
Children and infants at any age can go to a chiropractor. If a mother notices that her newborn baby can only turn its head to one side, she can take it to the chiropractor for a very gentle neck adjustment. If a baby was born with a deformed spine or the spine got deformed due to a fall, or is asthmatic, or has some other condition, it can go to a chiropractor. Older children can be injured in sports or during play, and they can benefit from chiropractic treatment.
There is no age limit for going to a chiropractor. Your 13-year old may have injury-causing headaches, neck pain, shoulder pain, or back pain. That injury will interfere with his/her development since the child is still growing up. So, it is better to seek chiropractic care as soon as possible. The chiropractor will realign the spine and release any pinched nerve to relieve the pain. Then the child’s body will develop normally, and the child can play sports like other children.
You don’t have to fear for your child. Children are safe in the hands of chiropractors. The safety of chiropractic for children was questioned before. So far, the investigation’s findings into its safety confirmed what many parents already knew, that it is safe. Not only is it safe, but chiropractic care relieves many childhood problems that make development and child-rearing difficult. The chiropractic adjustment for children is very gentle, yet it will correct many developmental issues without drugs or surgery.
You need to take your baby to the chiropractor if the baby:
- Sustained injury during birth due to the use of mechanical devices
- Can only turn the neck to one side
- Struggles to breastfeed
- Has colic or acid reflux which makes it cry too much
- Is developing slowly
- Has a noticeable misaligned spine
- Is asthmatic or has allergies
- Struggles to breathe
Doctors examined 1,250 infants five days after birth in one study and found subluxations in 95% of them. Chiropractors gave the babies spinal care, and it worked on all of the babies. This study proved that chiropractic care for children works well for babies.
Pediatric chiropractic care involves taking pressure and nerve stress from the spine so that the little body can express itself naturally. It involves adjustment of the neck or the spine. It is as gentle as pressing avocado to check it for ripeness. There is no risk of any injury from chiropractic care. The real risk lies in not doing anything about a baby with problems or giving the baby drugs.