Headache Treatment in Gilbert, AZ
Chiropractic Treatment For Headache
Different types of headaches may afflict you, such as tension headaches, migraine headaches, hypnic headaches, cervicogenic headaches, menstrual migraines, thunderclap headaches, and cluster headaches. Headaches can be frequent or occasional, acute or chronic, dull and throbbing, or the pain can be debilitating. If you are tired of popping pills without any long-lasting relief, there is a better alternative. Chiropractic adjustments for headaches, treatment provided by chiropractors for headaches in Gilbert, is generally effective for migraines in Gilbert, headaches originating from the neck, and tension headaches. Whether your headache is acute or chronic, headache chiropractic is available to bring long-lasting or permanent relief.
What Are The Symptoms Of Headaches?
Symptoms of headaches differ depending on the type of headache or the cause. The symptoms may include:
- Pain behind one eye or ear
- Pain in the temples
- Dull steady pain as if a band is tightening around the head
- Change in the mood or subtle change in sensations
- Seeing spots or flashing lights
- Temporary vision loss
- Hallucinations (rare), depression, or irritation
- Sensitivity to light and/or sound
- Deep constant pain in the forehead, cheekbones, or bridge of the nose
- Pain that gets worse when you suddenly move the head
- Pain combined with some sinus symptoms
If some of these symptoms are chronic or are getting worse, you need a headache or migraine treatment. Chiropractic for headaches is the best option for fast and lasting recovery.
Causes Of Headaches
Triggers or causes of headache pain include:
- Injured neck or head
- Food allergies
- Sinus problems
- Tumor in the brain
- Environmental stimuli such as a loud noise, bright lights, etc.
- Behaviors such as excessive exercise or wearing tight headwear
- Blood sugar changes
- Teeth clenching
- Incorrect eyeglass prescription
- Lack of sleep
- Underlying health problems such as high blood pressure
- Muscle tension in the neck (the majority of headache pain)
- Hormonal fluctuations in women
- Caffeine overuse
- Frequent use of over-the-counter and prescription pain relievers
Long Term Problems Due To Ignoring Headaches
If your headache is severe or chronic, you need to address the underlying problem through headache chiropractic in Gilbert. Otherwise, you may:
- Miss many days of work
- Over-use over-the-counter or prescription pain relievers and develop side effects or dependency
- Death. Watch out for bleeding in the brain caused by:
- A sudden severe headache after a stroke, head injury, or aneurysm o Fever and a stiff neck, indicators of meningitis
- One-sided numbness and face pain, indicators of damage to the venous sinuses in the brain
- Accompanying face and neck pain indicate a tear in one of the carotid arteries
- A headache that occurs after physical exertion, indicating a possible tumor, stroke, or hemorrhage
To avoid these unpleasant long-term effects, see a chiropractor for headaches. He/she will perform a thorough diagnosis to determine the cause of your headache or migraine and then address that root cause. Once the root cause is corrected, the headaches will cease.
Various treatments for headaches are available. Some of them are:
- Spinal manipulation or chiropractic adjustments will address the underlying causes of the headache. For example, it will improve spinal function and relieve stress.
- Acupuncture has been proven to relieve many types of headaches.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy will help you deal with the pain even though it will not relieve the pain.
- Herbal and nutritional health products will relieve your headache naturally.
- Hypnosis reprograms the subconscious mind to no longer consider yourself someone who suffers from headaches.
- Meditation will help you to relax your body and mind and relieve stress.
- Nutritional advice: Your headache chiropractor will recommend a diet that avoids allergies and possibly add B-complex vitamins.
- Stress management will help you to relieve your stress and headache.
- Relaxation techniques, such as yoga, will help you relax, relieve tension on the shoulders and neck, and relieve stress.
Temporary Pain Relief
For temporary pain relief of occasional headaches, you can:
- Take over-the-counter pain relievers
- Rest in a dark quiet room
- Take an Epsom salt bath
- Drink more water to avoid dehydration
- Get adequate sleep to reduce tension and stress
- Avoid foods high in histamine
- Apply peppermint essential oil to the temples or inhale lavender essential oil
- Soothe the pain with a cold compress
- Relax with yoga
- Take an herbal remedy
- Drink caffeinated coffee or tea
Does Medical Insurance Cover Headaches?
Yes, headaches are a common problem in America, and medical insurance covers the treatment of any type of headache. Find out from your insurer what the benefits are for each type of treatment so that you know what you may have to co-pay.
How Arizona's Family Chiropractic Can Help In Headaches In Gilbert, AZ
Arizona’s Family Chiropractic is the leading chiropractic clinic in Gilbert for Headache treatments. Dr. Brice Neff DC is a highly rated chiropractor in Gilbert and specializes in treating Headaches. He has been practicing for over ten years in Gilbert.
Call us today if you are experiencing Headaches in Gilbert.
Book An Appointment
Request an appointment online by calling us on (480) 988-2974
You can also use the online booking tool below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, headaches can be helped successfully. For mild or occasional headaches, you can take over-the-counter medications. For chronic headaches, chiropractic adjustment for headaches is your best option. Chiropractic will address most underlying problems that cause most types of headaches.
Yes, chiropractors are good for headaches. Scientific evidence has proven that chiropractic can alleviate many types of headaches, including tension headaches and those that begin in the neck. There is growing evidence that chiropractic is effective for cluster headache and migraine treatment.
Yes, a condition called chronic migraine headache used to be called transformed migraine. It begins as episodic migraine attacks during the teens, twenties, or thirties. Then it increases in frequency until the attacks happen almost every day. However, the severity of the headaches drops to mild or moderate. This condition is linked to the overuse of pain relievers, leading to tolerance.
Occasional headaches last for a few hours, but some may last for a day or a few days. If your headache lasts for many days or weeks, you may have an underlying condition that needs medical attention. Failure to deal with that underlying health condition may lead to severe consequences, including death.
You should worry about your headache and seek medical attention if:
- Your headache lasts for many days or weeks or is getting worse
- A severe headache began abruptly (within a few seconds). It may be a life-threatening condition such as bleeding in the brain.
- Your headache is severe and is accompanied by new symptoms that you did not experience before
- You have an ongoing headache, and you are pregnant or HIV positive
- Your migraine in Gilbert has lasted for many days or weeks
Let us help you get back to a headache-free life.
At Arizona’s Family Chiropractic, we have specialized techniques to alleviate your chronic headache pain. Rather than prescribing you any medication, we take a natural approach with spinal manipulation and chiropractic adjustments. Contact our team at Arizona’s Family Chiropractic today and get the relief you deserve
Benefits Of Choosing Arizona
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff
- Prompt appointments
- Specialized treatment plans based on your
- Affordable payment options
- State-of-the-art services and technology
Headache Relief In Gilbert
Did you know that nine out of 10 Americans struggle with headaches? Headaches come in various forms, ranging from mild to severe. No matter what form your headaches take, one thing is sure: headaches can disrupt your life.
There are three different classifications of headaches created by the International Headache Society to help health care professionals make a specific diagnosis for their patients as to what type of headache they are experiencing and allow them to make more informed decisions for their treatment process.
Different Types Of Headaches
The three main forms of primary headaches include migraines, tension-type headaches, and trigeminal autonomic cephalalgias (often known as cluster headaches). Common migraine symptoms include sensitivity to light and/or sound, eye pain, pounding/throbbing, nausea, and vomiting.
Tension-type headaches are the most common type of headache and can leave you with a dull, aching pain around your forehead or the back of your head and neck.
Cluster headaches often feel pain in one spot of your head but can also radiate to other head and neck areas.
Secondary headaches are headaches due to an issue in the head or neck. These types of headaches could result from an injury such as an auto injury, cranial disorder, substance abuse or its withdrawal, infection, psychiatric illness, or disruption of homeostasis, such as a change in pressure or altitude.
Secondary headaches could also be due to any disorder of the facial structure.
Cranial Neuralgia, Facial Pain, And Other Headaches
Cranial neuralgia means nerve pain of the head. This type of headache occurs when one of the 12 cranial nerves coming from the brain becomes inflamed or injured.
People often confuse this headache for another type (such as migraines) because the symptoms can be very similar. Because treatments for different headaches vary greatly, it is essential to see a medical professional for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
Any of these types and forms of headache can harm your quality of life, which is why Arizona’s Family Chiropractic is here to help.
Many patients who struggle with frequent headaches have been frustrated with their options to treat their condition. Many over-the-counter medicines can be effective, but some individuals don’t need prescription medication to improve their situation.
At Arizona’s Family Chiropractic, we offer a drug-free approach to headache relief in Gilbert. Because our treatment does not use medication, you can use our treatment alone or with a prescription or medicine from your medical doctor.
Relief Is Just A Phone Call Away
Dr. Brice Neff will assess the best treatment option for you specifically and may perform a spinal manipulation or chiropractic adjustment to alleviate stress on your spine. When your spine is stressed, it can lead to more frequent or severe headaches. Aligning your spine is an essential first step in chronic headache relief.
The chiropractor may also offer suggestions about improving your posture and exercises to reduce your likelihood of experiencing severe headaches.
In addition, our medical team may offer suggestions of different safe procedures that can be performed to improve your body’s performance, which could alleviate discomfort and pain in the head.
Some patients will see immediate results, while others will notice improvement after a series of treatments. Visiting our office multiple times can improve the function of your neck, reducing the stress you place on it each day and providing you with the headache relief you deserve.
If you have any questions about our headache treatments, get in touch with our office in Gilbert, and we’ll be happy to help.