Vertigo Treatment In Gilbert, AZ
Feeling dizzy for a few minutes once in a while is common and harmless. However, if you feel like you are spinning and the feeling keeps coming back or lasts for many hours, days, or months, you may have vertigo. Serious vertigo affects your day-to-day activities and your work and may be due to a serious underlying condition. Therefore, you may need chiropractic care for vertigo in Gilbert.
What Is Vertigo?
Vertigo is a sensation or feeling like a dizzy spell except that you feel like you are spinning or off-balance or that everything around you is spinning. The symptoms of vertigo can last between a few minutes and a few hours. They can also come and go. Severe vertigo can last for many days or months, affecting your day-to-day activities and your quality of life. The two types of vertigo are peripheral vertigo and central vertigo.
Symptoms Of Vertigo
Common symptoms of vertigo or dizziness in Gilbert include:
- Stumbling while walking
The following symptoms may accompany vertigo:
- Jerking or abnormal eye movements
- Hearing loss or ringing in the ear
- Blurry vision or difficulty focusing or double vision
- Constant tiredness
What Are The Common Causes Of Vertigo?
Vertigo is primarily the result of an inner ear problem. Some of the causes of vertigo include:
- Head or neck injury
- Development of tiny particles of calcium in the canals of the inner ear which cause vertigo after specific head movements
- Migraine headaches
- Certain medications that damage the ears
- Stroke or a tumor in the brain
- Fluid buildup in the ear canal
- Viral ear infection.
- Inflammation of the vestibular nerve
- Tumor in the brain or spinal cord
Your vertigo can go away on its own without treatment if it is mild. However, if it doesn’t resolve itself, you may need treatment for vertigo and a possible underlying vertigo-associated disease.
Your medical practitioner may prescribe an:
- Antibiotic drug for a bacterial infection
- Antiviral drug for a virus infection
- Antihistamines, antiemetics, and other medications to relieve vertigo symptoms
If the other treatments do not work, your doctor may recommend surgery to correct the underlying condition. A tumor and BPPV are two conditions for which surgery may be the best option.
Chiropractic treatment for vertigo
If regular medical intervention does not help, and you are not keen on surgery, consider treatment by a chiropractor. You may be wondering: is there a chiropractor for vertigo near me? Can he/she relieve vertigo and vertigo-associated disease? The answer is yes! Chiropractic care for vertigo in Gilbert includes:
- Chiropractic manipulation of joints in the neck that are not moving properly to solve vertigo
- Positioning maneuvers to reposition debris in the inner ear if your vertigo is linked to the inner ear
- Exercises such as the Brandt-Daroff technique or Tai Chi to restore balance
- Lifestyle, diet, and daily habit changes such as avoiding caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco stimulate or depress the nervous system and may trigger vertigo
- Stopping non-prescription antihistamines or sleeping pills which can spark dizziness
- Breathing techniques, meditation, and relaxation to regain control
How Arizona's Family Chiropractic Can Help In Vertigo Treatment In Gilbert, AZ
Arizona’s Family Chiropractic is the top chiropractic clinic in Gilbert for Vertigo treatment. Dr. Brice Neff DC is a highly rated chiropractor in Gilbert and specializes in treating vertigo. He has been practicing for over ten years in Gilbert.
Call us today if you are suffering from Vertigo in Gilbert.
Book An Appointment
Request an appointment online by calling us on (480) 988-2974
You can also use the online booking tool below.