Knee Pain Treatment In Gilbert, AZ
Knee Pain Specialist
Do you need to know how to cure knee pain fast? Knee pain is a common problem that is caused by many factors. Mild knee pain normally resolves itself within a short time. At one time, surgery was the recommended treatment for serious knee pain, but orthopedic surgeons have finally discovered that it is not always necessary. Meanwhile, chiropractors have played a huge role in knee pain treatment in Gilbert for decades. Their approach is to align hips, straighten the spine, and manipulate the knees to reduce body weight on them and relieve pain.
What Are The Symptoms Of Knee Pain?
Knee pain symptoms, which can be in a specific location or throughout the knee and vary in severity, may include:
- Swelling, redness, stiffness, and heat
- Weakness or instability
- Crunching or popping noises
- Inability to fully straighten the knee
- Difficulty in bearing weight
- Difficulty in walking or going up/down steps
- Inability to bend the knee (locking)
- Limping due to discomfort
- Shifting weight to the opposite knee and foot
Types Of Knee Pain
Types of knee pain include anterior, posterior, medial, and lateral.
Anterior knee pain – in the front of the knee
Posterior knee pain – in the back of the knee
Medial knee pain – in the inside part of the knee
Lateral knee pain – on the side of the knee. It can be unilateral or bilateral.
The location of the knee pain helps the knee pain doctor to diagnose the root cause.
Causes Of Knee Pain
Are you trying to understand what can cause knee pain without injury? Knee pain causes include injury, overuse, and other reasons.
Injuries and overuse
- Dislocation of the knee cap
- Strain or sprain
- ACL injury
- Torn cartilage
- Patellar tendinitis
- Knee bursitis
- Torn ligament
- Ruptured ligament
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Gout and infections in the knee joint or bones of the knee
Long Term Problems Due To Untreated Knee Pain
Some knee problems will remedy themselves with protection and pain management. If ignored, others can lead to more permanent problems such as:
- Chronic knee pain
- New or additional knee injury
- Early-onset of osteoarthritis even in young people
- Accelerated development and progression of osteoarthritis in adults older than 45 years
- Joint damage
- Muscle, ligament, or nerve damage
Knee Pain Treatment
Knee pain treatment varies depending on the actual cause of your knee pain.
After a few visits, chiropractic care for knee pain will correct most underlying causes of knee pain, enabling the knee to heal itself and the pain to ease. It does not involve surgery or drugs.
Your knee pain specialist, Gilbert chiropractors, may prescribe medications to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and treat underlying conditions such as arthritis.
Exercise Your doctor may recommend physical therapy or home exercise to improve strength, flexibility, and balance.
Arch support Your doctor may recommend wedges in your shoe to shift your weight.
Knee braces to protect and support the knee joint.
Your knee pain doctor may inject corticosteroids or other substances directly into the knee joint to ease arthritis pain.
While chiropractic treatment of knee pain works for most people, sometimes surgery is the only way to correct the knee problem and ease the pain.
Temporary Pain Relief
You can temporarily relieve knee pain in Gilbert by:
- Use the PRICE method for mild knee pain (protection, rest, ice, compression, and elevation)
- Over-the-counter oral or topical nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Massage with oil containing orange and ginger essential oils for moderate to severe osteoarthritis
- Heat and cold for arthritis
Does Medical Insurance Cover Knee Pain?
Yes, medical insurance covers knee pain treatment in Gilbert. If surgery is suggested, find out how much it will cost, how much your medical insurance will pay, and how much you must pay. However, if you want to cure knee pain fast and affordably without surgery, consider chiropractic care for natural, effective treatment.
How Arizona's Family Chiropractic Can Help In Knee Pain In Gilbert, AZ
Arizona’s Family Chiropractic is the top chiropractic clinic in Gilbert for Knee pain treatments. Dr. Brice Neff DC is a highly rated chiropractor in Gilbert and specializes in treating Knee Pain. He has been practicing for over ten years in Gilbert.
Call us today if you are experiencing Knee Pain in Gilbert.
Book An Appointment
Request an appointment online by calling us on (480) 988-2974
You can also use the online booking tool below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, chiropractors are specialized in all skeletal problems, including knee pain. They work with knees daily and resolve many knee pain symptoms. Their natural approach is gentle but very effective in helping the knee heal.
Knee pain can be likened to the emotion of anger. It can look and feel red, hot, swollen, and stiff. It has to be calmed or cooled down by resting and applying an ice pack.
Pain under the kneecap is usually experienced by people who participate in track, jumping, and field sports. Causes include:
- Accidents and injuries
- Using unsuitable sports shoes
- Knee cap deformity
- Imbalance in the muscle structure due to incorrect training and exercise methods
- Physiological changes at the back of the knee
Five symptoms of a knee injury are:
- Knee pain
- Swelling, redness, and heat
- Problems bearing body weight
- Difficulty bending the knee
- Locking of the knee
Quickly seek treatment from a knee pain specialist in Gilbert if you have any of these indicators of injury.
You know you have a torn tendon when:
- You feel a tearing or popping sensation.
- You have swelling and inflammation after the injury.
- The area is tender and bruised.
Don’t even put your weight on the knee because it will give way. Seek immediate knee pain treatment in Gilbert.
It is difficult to compare because all knee injuries are excruciating. The severity of the pain depends on the extent of the injury, irrespective of the type of knee injury.
- Pain that affects daily activities and sleep
- Redness or swelling around the joint
- Long-term pain or discomfort
- Joint deformity
- Difficulty walking
- Inability to bear weight
- Reduced range of motion
- Less sensation in the knee
- Knee instability
The best painkiller for knee pain in Gilbert is chiropractic care. It is a natural approach that combines several therapies to reduce inflammation and realign the knee. Only a few visits will correct the underlying problem, and your knee will heal.
Physical pain aside, the most excruciating pain associated with knee pain is the emotional pain of being unable to participate in sport in the short-term or permanently. That is why you should get knee pain treatment from chiropractors Gilbert for fast relief.