Neck Pain Treatment In Gilbert, AZ
Neck Pain Specialist
Are you wondering how to cure neck pain fast? Are you asking, “Is there a neck chiropractor near me?” The neck can move in all directions like spring, but sometimes it is painful and stiff, and difficult to move. Usually, pain and stiffness go away after a few days of treatment. Therefore, cervical pain that won’t go away after a week may indicate an injury or abnormality that needs the attention of a neck pain specialist in Gilbert. Chiropractic adjustments can effectively ease such pain by releasing muscle tightness, reducing inflammation, and restoring movement to fixated segments.
What Are The Symptoms Of Neck Pain?
Neck pain symptoms may include some of the following:
- Severe neck pain
- Constantly aching neck
- Lump in the neck
- Swollen glands
- Trouble breathing or swallowing
- Pain that radiates down your arms or legs
- Inability to touch your chin to your chest
- Inability to move your arms or hands
Note that neck pain on the right side or left side doesn’t make any difference.
Types Of Neck Pain
The seven most typical types of neck pain in Gilbert include:
- Muscle spasms
- Muscle pain
- Nerve pain
- Bone pain
- Facet joint pain
- Referred pain e.g. due to heart attack
See a neck pain doctor in Gilbert immediately for any of these problems.
Causes Of Neck Pain
The most common causes of neck pain are:
- Prolonged straining or tension due to poor sitting or sleeping posture or jerking the neck during exercise
- Injury (may include neck bone fractures)
- Heart attack
- Mobile phone over-usage
- Wearing heavy necklaces
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Degenerative arthritis (cervical spondylosis)
- Cervical herniated disc
- Narrowed spinal column
In rare instances, the cause may be spine cancer, a tumor, an abscess, an infection, or a congenital disability.
Long Term Problems Due To Ignoring Neck Pain
Without treatment, neck pain can lead to the following problems in the long term:
- Chronic neck pain
- Chronic headaches
- Damaged ligaments and neck discs
- Longer recovery
- Degenerative disc disease
- Permanent weakness in the neck and arms
- Soft tissue damage
- Vertebral deformity
- Nerve damage
Temporary Pain Relief
Here are some of the ways of relieving neck pain symptoms temporarily:
- Use a neck-supporting chair
- Use a water pillow
- Physical therapy (stretching, etc.)
- Sit straight, especially when working at a desk
- Swim regularly
- Watch your posture when talking on the phone
- Avoid intense activities
- Ice pack during the first 24 hours, then heat pack
If the pain persists beyond a week, see a neck pain doctor Gilbert.
Neck Pain Treatment
See a neck and back chiropractor immediately if you have severe neck pain. Here is the difference between common neck pain and serious neck pain.
Common neck pain is occasional pain and stiffness due to slumping while working at a desk for many hours or sleeping in a poor posture. The symptoms go away on their own after a day or more.
Serious neck pain involves all the earlier symptoms, arising from an injury or an underlying condition. It tends to last longer and affects the mobility of the neck. If you have any form of serious neck pain in Gilbert, you should be asking: Is there a neck chiropractor near me? Chiropractic neck adjustments will naturally remove the cause and ease the pain.
How Arizona's Family Chiropractic Can Help In Neck Pain In Gilbert, AZ
Arizona’s Family Chiropractic is the top chiropractic clinic in Gilbert for Neck Pain treatments. Dr. Brice Neff DC is a highly rated chiropractor in Gilbert and specializes in treating Neck Pain. He has been practicing for over ten years in Gilbert.
Call us today if you are experiencing neck pain in Gilbert.
Book An Appointment
Request an appointment online by calling us on (480) 988-2974
You can also use the online booking tool below.
Frequently Asked Questions
A neck and back chiropractor is your safest option for neck pain treatment in Gilbert. Chiropractors don’t use any surgery or drugs. They use several natural techniques to relax neck muscles, reduce inflammation, reduce the hernia, or release any pinched nerve. The neck heals after a few treatments, and the pain is relieved.
Yes, public and private medical insurance cover neck pain treatment in Gilbert. Most plans cover the cost of chiropractic care for acute conditions, but you may have to co-pay depending on your plan. However, you recover after a few visits with chiropractic neck adjustment so that you won’t pay much out of pocket.
Do you want to know how to cure neck pain fast? A chiropractor and neck pain go hand in hand. The fastest way to relieve neck pain is to visit a chiropractor in Gilbert. After a few visits, chiropractic neck adjustments and other therapies will correct most underlying problems.
Yes, neck pain Gilbert can be associated with:
- Meningitis, caused by a bacterial or viral infection. If your neck pain and/or stiffness is linked to a headache and you have a fever, seek medical attention immediately.
- Virus infection of the throat can cause lymph node swelling
- Tuberculosis of the neck
- Infection of cervical spine bones
Pain in the base of the neck can be caused by:
- Untreated car accident injuries-even if there are no signs of injury
- Abnormal bone deposition (calcification) in the tendons and ligaments causes the tissues to harden
Neck pain at the base of the skull can be caused by:
- Occipital neuralgia – inflammation or injury of the occipital nerves
- Subluxation – a joint in the neck is misaligned or is not working the way it should
- Muscle tension due to a slouching posture, trauma, etc.
Neck pain is serious if you were in an accident whose force was enough to tear nerves or fracture the skull, or when all three of the following “red flags” exist:
- The pain/stiffness has been a problem for more than 6 weeks
- The symptoms are severe and not improving
- There’s at least one other red flag, such as:
- Unexplained weight loss
- Fevers or chills
- A fierce headache
- Signs of spinal cord trouble
- Signs of a heart attack
- Unexplained dizziness, nausea, or vomiting
As explained above, you should become concerned about neck pain if you have serious neck pain. See a neck pain specialist in Gilbert! That specialist may be a chiropractor whose chiropractic neck adjustments will heal the underlying cause of neck pain, bringing permanent relief from pain.
Yes, neck pain is one of the symptoms of malignant hypertension (BP above 180/120), which may cause organ damage. Neck and back chiropractors discovered the link between neck pain and blood pressure long ago when relieving neck pain reduced blood pressure. Scientific findings confirmed that neck muscles are linked to brain control functions such as breathing and blood pressure.
Neck pain can leave you uncomfortable and unable to participate in the activities you enjoy fully. At Arizona’s Family Chiropractic, Dr. Brice Neff can work with you to alleviate stress on your spine, significantly reducing the neck pain you experience. The chiropractor may perform a spinal manipulation or chiropractic adjustment to help you achieve neck pain relief.
Many daily activities affect your posture and cause neck strain, including:
- Looking down at your phone
- Working at a computer all-day
- Driving for long periods of time
- Playing video games
- Poor posture
During your appointment, we may discuss your daily habits and how you can improve them to facilitate a healthier spine. We may recommend changing your posture or exercise habits to keep your spine in its proper alignment.
Some patients will see an immediate improvement, while others will notice improvement after a series of visits to the chiropractor. Visiting the chiropractor multiple times can improve the function of your neck, reducing the stress you place on it each day.
Please call our office if you have any questions about how our team can alleviate your neck pain in Gilbert. We can work with you to help you live a healthier, more comfortable life.